Tuesday, October 2, 2012

bubble necklace > yoga

So I bought this necklace. 





I won't dwell on it, because I know what you're thinking.

Wow, another blogger with a knock off bubble necklace. What else is new?

But I will tell you this:

For the past year, I've been practicing yoga pretty regularly.

(Stay with me. I have a point, I promise.)

It helped with most of the things you think yoga might help with -- concentration, flexibility, strength... oh, and road rage.

(Side note: Sure, I can touch my toes now. But the most helpful thing about yoga is that it completely cured me of my road rage. I'm not sure how... something about inviting kind thoughts and standing on my head.)

The only thing yoga didn't help me with was my posture. I still caught myself hunching all the time, even after so many hours of muscle locks and ujjayi breath.

Enter the ubiquitous blogger accessory, the bubble necklace -- which, if you've never felt one, is a heavy, clunky piece of jewelry.




Here's a glimpse into my life post bubble necklace:

Arrive at work. Sit at desk. Check e-mails. Start making a to-do BAM.

That's the sound of my bubble necklace hitting my desk as I begin my descent into 8 hours of slumping.




The noise startles me (I hate loud noises. I can't be in the same room as balloons, but we can talk about that later.) and I sit up straight. This situation repeats itself basically every 10 seconds until finally I admit defeat to the bubble necklace. It's too cute to take off, so... I reluctantly sit up straight. Like this cheap Chinese piece of plastic is a 1950's schoolteacher rapping on my desk with a yardstick.

See, non-believers? There's more than meets the eye with the bubble necklace.   Next time you see one, be kind and know the truth. We don't wear it because it's cute. We don't wear it because every blogger and their mother and sponsor and favorite Etsy seller have one. 

We wear it because I'm now 3/4 of an inch taller.

Namaste. 

6 comments:

  1. Ha, I guess that makes me even more satisfied with my smaller version - farther to slump in my chair before it hits the desk...

    But really, the reason for having one of these even though it's entirely unoriginal is that it makes getting dressed sooo easy. The bubble necklace goes with EVERYTHING and your outfits can't not be fabulous - I mean, look how absolutely adorable you are in both of these pictures! Love the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well in that case maybe I should finally give in and get myself one because my posture (especially after sitting at a desk all day) is TERRIBLE. Ok so not that bad, but still. I could stretch out my 5 foot 4 inches frame out a biiiit. And yoga got rid of your road rage? I gotta get on that. asap.

    btw - your boots?! I want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 things i love:

    1. your blog re-design.
    2. that necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to work at J.Crew - so I am also the proud owner of the Bubble Necklace (no shame!). I also have bad posture at my desk - so I'm going to have to try your trick!

    Thanks for shaing!

    xo,
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow am I ever glad I found your blog. I make all of my family Christmas Gifts and have done some jewelry but trying to keep the cost minimal. You have some get ideas. Over from Crafty World. Love the turquoise color.

    Feel free to visit this site ...Daily Boutique Deals

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......Nice post Dude keep it up.
    I have appreciate with getting lot of good and reliable and legislative information with your post......
    Lawn services brisbane
    Pressure Cleaning Brisbane

    ReplyDelete