Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Let's go: April


I've decided to whip my blogging self into shape by trying something that's never, ever been done before except for by every magazine ever and countless blogs: monthly themes (aka, an editorial calendar) based on the major themes in my life that month. 



If I get super ambitious, maybe I'll come up with daily prompts, if not, I'll play it by ear. 

To start off April, a month of travel stories, packing tips, photos, and more, I thought I would re-share my favorite, favorite travel story: the time I joined the likes of Bill Murray, Stephen Colbert, Tina Fey and basically 98% of the world's funny people and performed onstage at Second City. 

Adopt a loose interpretation of the word "performed" and read: Chicago, 2008.

Bloggers, I'd love to know: what's worked for you to pull yourselves out of a blogging slump? 

3 comments:

  1. fun! i love travel and house stuff (is that your house? it is extremely well-decorated) so i can't wait to read!

    i pretty much only write 3-4 different types of blog posts and i tend to have them categorized by what day it is. i'm not sure if that works for everyone but i like having that structure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I've been meaning to completely revamp my blog and refocus, but life keeps seeming to get in the way. I've been wanting to find more "structure" and less just writing about life updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To re-start, I take so many photos on my phone I pick one and create an email blog post with that photo and a little description, just to give a little update of the day.

    ReplyDelete